Shrimp Scampi Zucchini
A healthy flair to a traditional scampi using 'zoodles.'
- ¾ cup butter, divided
- olive oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 4 zucchini, cut into spirals using a spiral slicer
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Melt 1/4 cup butter with olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic in hot butter mixture until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir shrimp, wine, diced tomatoes, and seafood seasoning with the onion mixture; cook until shrimp turns pink, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir 1/2 cup butter and lemon juice with the shrimp mixture; cook until the butter melts completely, 1 to 2 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add the zucchini and cook until tender, about 5 minutes more. Top with Parmesan cheese.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 695.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 14.7 g
protein: 42.5 g
saturated fat: 23.8 g
cholesterol: 441.5 mg
sodium: 2169.4 mg
fiber: 3.5 g
sugar: 6.5 g