Sweet 'n' Spicy Baked Chicken
My girlfriend and I are both college students so this quick and easy chicken recipe was an affordable and tasty hit at our table last night! Requiring just a few ingredients and low prep time makes this a great dish any day of the week. The homemade BBQ sauce goes great on pork and ribs too! Feel free to adjust the sweetness or spiciness to your pleasure.
- 1 serving cooking spray
- ½ cup barbeque sauce (such as Sweet Baby Ray's®)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha®)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to an even thickness
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- 2. Mix barbeque sauce, honey, brown sugar, and chile-garlic sauce together in a bowl until you have no clumps of brown sugar. Spoon about half the sauce into a separate bowl for serving.
- 3. Arrange chicken breast halves onto the prepared sheet. Brush sauce from one of the bowls onto breasts.
- 4. Bake chicken breasts in the preheated oven, brushing with sauce every 10 minutes, until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Season with pepper and serve with the reserved bowl of sauce for dipping.
serving: 4 chicken breast halves
calories: 297.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 43 g
protein: 24.6 g
saturated fat: 0.8 g
cholesterol: 67.2 mg
sodium: 571.8 mg
fiber: 0.5 g
sugar: 38.9 g