Penne with Mushrooms
Tiny, white button mushrooms make a delicious, simple sauce for pasta. Try them with penne or large shells.
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the penne pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the garlic and mushrooms until mushrooms are tender. Season with salt and pepper, and mix in the butter.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta and the mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley to serve.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 413.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 47.4 g
protein: 13.6 g
saturated fat: 4.8 g
cholesterol: 12 mg
sodium: 104.6 mg
fiber: 3.7 g
sugar: 2.7 g