Onion Casserole II
Don't remember where I got this recipe but I've had it for about 25 years and love it!!! The salt from the potato chips is all you need for seasoning. Add the cayenne for a bit of zip. It's always a big hit with grilled sirloin steaks.
- 8 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crushed plain potato chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2. Arrange layers of onions, potato chips and shredded cheese in the prepared baking dish. Mix together the cream of mushroom soup and milk; pour over the casserole. Sprinkle cayenne pepper over the top.
- 3. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until browned and bubbly.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 283.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 21.4 g
protein: 10.9 g
saturated fat: 8.3 g
cholesterol: 30.9 mg
sodium: 985.6 mg
fiber: 2 g
sugar: 7.2 g