Mom's Curried Fruit
This is my favorite traditional side dish for our holiday meals... it may sound a bit on the weird side... but go for it!
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced pears, well drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sliced peaches
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- 2. Drain the fruit and arrange it in an oven-proof casserole dish. Dot the fruit with butter or margarine. Mix the sugars and the curry powder together, sprinkle over the top of the fruit.
- 3. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) until slightly brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
serving: 8 -10 servings
calories: 250.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 57.6 g
protein: 0.8 g
saturated fat: 1.6 g
cholesterol: 6.8 mg
sodium: 43.9 mg
fiber: 3.1 g
sugar: 35 g