Vegetable Cashew Saute
A delicious combination of vegetables, cashews, and sauce served over whole wheat pasta.
- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ cup dark sesame oil
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- ¾ cup chopped unsalted cashew nuts
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the rotini 10 to 12 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix the 2 tablespoons sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar.
- 3. Heat the 1/4 cup sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the broccoli, carrots, red bell pepper, mushrooms, shelled edamame, and cashews. Mix in the sesame oil sauce. Cover skillet, and cook 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but crisp. Serve over the cooked pasta.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 399.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 53.7 g
protein: 12.2 g
saturated fat: 2.8 g
sodium: 489.6 mg
fiber: 6.5 g
sugar: 8.6 g