Sweet and Spicy Carrot Fries
Sweet and spicy carrot fries--these puppies are magic. Make them in 30 minutes and then watch them disappear!
- 1 pound carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 1 pinch hot paprika
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- 2. Spread carrots on the prepared baking sheet; toss with enough olive oil to coat. Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with salt, cayenne, curry powder, and paprika. Toss everything together and spread out evenly.
- 3. Roast in the preheated oven, tossing a few times while they bake, until tender, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 81.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 12.2 g
protein: 1.1 g
saturated fat: 0.5 g
sodium: 318.7 mg
fiber: 3.3 g
sugar: 6.4 g