Trail Mix Sandwiches
Going on an adventure? These unique sandwiches pack a lot of nutrients and travel extremely well. They do require an adventurous spirit because they are quite different than they average fare. For a sweeter taste use a trail mix that includes dried fruit. I would not recommend one with chocolate pieces, though! Plain, unchopped sunflower seeds work great, too.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped trail mix
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1. Place cream cheese in a bowl. Add lemon juice and zest, raisins, shredded carrot, and chopped trail mix; stir until well blended and creamy. Spread between 2 slices of bread, and wrap up for the trail.