Instant Pot® Easy Vegan Tomato and Basil Soup
Make this creamy and delicious tomato soup in your Instant Pot® truly in an instant! San Marzano tomatoes, garlic, and onions create perfection in this quick and easy vegan comfort food recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans San Marzano whole tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil and add onion; cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- 2. Combine tomatoes, vegetable broth, basil, salt, ground black pepper, and Italian seasoning in the pot. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 3. Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid.
- 4. Blend with an immersion blender until creamy.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 123.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 14 g
protein: 2.6 g
saturated fat: 1 g
sodium: 833.3 mg
fiber: 3.2 g
sugar: 7.5 g