My Favorite Grilled Chicken Ever
Kelli Bhattacharjee gave me this recipe, which was a winner one year at Versailles Poultry Days. I made a few changes to it and this is hands down my favorite grilled chicken ever! I have literally been making it at least once a week since I've had the recipe. Try it. You won't be disappointed! This is absolutely delicious and makes a very moist and flavorful finished product.
- 2 cups white distilled vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (8 ounce) bone-in chicken breasts
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1. Combine vinegar, water, butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, pepper, sugar, and minced garlic in a pot. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let marinade cool to room temperature, at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Place chicken in a resealable zip-top bag. Pour marinade over chicken, seal, and marinate, 8 hours to overnight.
- 3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Transfer chicken pieces to the grill, shaking off excess marinade; discard remaining marinade.
- 4. Grill chicken until no longer pink in the center, 30 to 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).