Pastelitos de Boda (Bride's Cookies)
The name of this recipe means 'bride's cookies' and they are traditionally served at Mexican weddings. These cookies are crumbly pecan cookies, but you can make variations with other nuts or cinnamon if you wish. I personally like making them with almonds.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, or as needed
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Mix together flour, almonds, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture forms a ball.
- 3. Shape dough into patties. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are delicately brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cookies cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before dusting with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar.