Dulac Dirty Rice
This dish has it all. It gets color from the bell peppers, crunch from the pecans, sweetness from the raisins and saltiness from the bacon.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) package ZATARAIN'S® Dirty Rice Mix, Original
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup crumbled cooked bacon
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Cook ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain fat; set aside. Add water to same skillet; bring to boil. Stir in Rice Mix and ground beef; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in medium skillet on medium heat. Add pecans; cook and stir 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add to rice mixture.
- 3. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet. Add bell peppers and raisins; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Add to rice mixture; stir until well mixed. Sprinkle with bacon and green onions before serving.
serving: 8 cups
calories: 341.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 30.5 g
protein: 16.8 g
saturated fat: 6.3 g
cholesterol: 55.5 mg
sodium: 780.5 mg
fiber: 1.3 g
sugar: 6 g