Saffron Breakfast Bread
My friend showed me this recipe. It has such a floral, delicate taste! The only thing I changed from her recipe was using bread flour instead of all-purpose flour. My favorite bread recipe! Best served with unsalted butter and fresh honey.
- 3 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch Iranian saffron
- ¾ cup raisins
- 1. Place bread flour, milk, eggs, sugar, butter, yeast, salt, and saffron in a bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- 2. Program the bread machine for the dough cycle; press "Start." Mix raisins into the dough by hand after the cycle is complete.
- 3. Divide dough into 9 pieces. Roll each piece into a log 6 to 7 inches long. Pinch the ends of 3 logs together and form a 3-strand braid. Pinch ends together at the bottom of the braid. Repeat with remaining logs to make 2 more braided loaves.
- 4. Transfer loaves to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, placing them several inches apart. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven until loaves are a light golden brown, about 15 minutes.
serving: 3 small loaves
calories: 65.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 11.3 g
protein: 1.9 g
saturated fat: 0.9 g
cholesterol: 28.1 mg
sodium: 177.8 mg
fiber: 0.4 g
sugar: 9.5 g