Black Beans, Corn, and Yellow Rice
I put this together with what I had in my pantry. It makes a lot and is quite inexpensive. Serve with tortilla chips or as a filling for flour tortillas. It's even better the next day.
- 1 (8 ounce) package yellow rice mix
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Bring the rice, water, and olive oil to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 2. Mix together the beans, corn, lime juice, and cumin in a large bowl. Stir in the cooked rice and serve.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 99.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 15.1 g
protein: 2 g
saturated fat: 0.6 g
sodium: 195.1 mg
fiber: 1.4 g
sugar: 1.7 g