Grilled Chicken Thighs with Mango-Ancho Sauce
Sweet mango and smoky ancho chile are combined to make both a delicious marinade and a sauce for these grilled chicken thighs. This isn't spicy, so the whole family can enjoy it. I like to serve this with cilantro-lime rice.
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Combine mango, lime juice, honey, ancho chile powder, and salt in the bowl of a small food processor; pulse until smooth. Remove 1/4 cup of the sauce to a small bowl and whisk in rice wine vinegar and olive oil to make a marinade. Place remaining sauce in the refrigerator.
- 2. Place chicken thighs in a resealable plastic bag and drizzle with mango-ancho marinade. Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator, 2 hours to overnight.
- 3. Twenty minutes before grilling, remove chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Discard the remaining marinade.
- 4. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 5. Place chicken on the hot grill, skin-side down, and grill for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip chicken over and grill on the other side for 3 to 4 minutes. Continue flipping every 3 to 4 minutes until an instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 22 to 25 minutes total. Turn grill to low heat and brush both sides of the chicken with reserved mango-ancho sauce, grilling an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
serving: 4 chicken thighs
calories: 96.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 17.7 g
protein: 0.4 g
saturated fat: 0.5 g
sodium: 331.3 mg
fiber: 1.4 g
sugar: 15.7 g