Sweet and Spicy Nuts
The first time I made this I had a small tub of raw nuts in my cabinet and didn't know what to do with them. My mom gave me the recipe, and after I made it I couldn't stop eating them. I am not a nut person, but I am totally addicted to these coated nuts. They're perfect for parties and festive occasions!
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- 2. Place the nuts on a large baking pan and bake in the preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes, taking care they do not burn. Remove from heat and let cool approximately 5 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix the white sugar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, cumin, curry powder, cloves and cinnamon.
- 4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, place the nuts and approximately 1/2 the sugar mixture. When the mixture begins to melt, mix in the remaining mixture. Shake the pan until all the nuts are coated, about 5 minutes. Use a spoon to separate nuts that stick together. Remove from heat and cool on a lightly greased baking sheet or wax paper. Separate the nuts to prevent sticking.