Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
I love making casseroles, and this one's so simple. The chicken breasts, Swiss cheese, and ham are cubed, rather than stuffed and rolled, giving you all the flavor of Cordon Bleu in much less time.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces cubed ham
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Beat egg and 1/2 cup milk together until combined. Stir in the chicken chunks to coat, then drain, and coat with bread crumbs. Heat oil in a large skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Fry breaded chicken cubes in hot oil until golden brown on all sides, then remove, and drain on paper towels.
- 3. Place chicken cubes in a glass baking dish, along with the Swiss cheese, and ham. Stir together the soup with 1 cup milk, pour over casserole.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 500.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 24.2 g
protein: 36.2 g
saturated fat: 10.6 g
cholesterol: 137.4 mg
sodium: 1016.5 mg
fiber: 0.8 g
sugar: 3.6 g