Z's Yummy Vegan Chocolate Frosting
I came up with this recipe when making a gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, egg-free, and dairy-free cake for a birthday party.
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (such as Callebaut®)
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ cups vegan butter, in stick form
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1. Combine cocoa powder, coconut milk powder, and salt in a bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
- 2. Combine coconut milk and water in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in a microwave until steaming, 1 to 3 minutes. Add to cocoa powder mixture and stir until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- 3. Beat vegan butter in a large bowl until fluffy. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Add 1/3 the cocoa mixture at a time, whipping on medium speed after each addition.
- 4. Add powdered sugar to the vegan butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, whipping on medium speed. Beat frosting until fluffy and spreadable.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 492.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 48.2 g
protein: 2.6 g
saturated fat: 15.4 g
sodium: 266.7 mg
fiber: 1.8 g
sugar: 41.1 g