German Potato Salad with Chopped Ham
A flavorful twist to a German classic, this potato salad gets a big boost of flavor from our ham.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cubed (such as Black Gold Farms)
- 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package Farmland® Sliced Ham, cut into strips about 1/2-inch wide
- 1 cup diced white onion
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup minced fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2. While potatoes are cooking, heat pan over medium heat and add oil. When oil is hot, add sliced ham and cook until lightly browned with crispy, golden edges, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Drain potatoes and allow to cool slightly. While still warm, gently mix potatoes in large bowl with all other ingredients. Taste for seasoning.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 324 kcal
carbohydrates: 53.5 g
protein: 16.1 g
saturated fat: 0.4 g
cholesterol: 34.4 mg
sodium: 1479.9 mg
fiber: 4.4 g
sugar: 11.8 g