Granny's Beef Stew
Flavorful and filling beef stew. Best if made the day before serving.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cubed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Coat beef with flour. Place in the pot, and evenly brown on all sides.
- 2. Place 2 cups boiling water, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder into pot with beef. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and simmer beef for 2 hours, or until tender.
- 3. Add onion, carrots, diced tomatoes and potatoes to pot. Continue cooking 30 minutes to 1 hour, until vegetables are soft.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 322.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 25.4 g
protein: 22.1 g
saturated fat: 4.7 g
cholesterol: 60.5 mg
sodium: 327.3 mg
fiber: 3.8 g
sugar: 5.5 g