Al's Favorite Spinach Power Salad
Topping this salad with baked salmon and sauteed snap peas is our favorite weeknight meal. It all comes together quickly and easily, and the flavors really complement each other. Best of all, it's very healthy and delicious.
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 pound baby spinach leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese, or to taste
- 1. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Toast almonds in hot skillet until lightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Pour lemon juice into a large glass bowl. Drizzle olive oil into the lemon juice while vigorously whisking to make a dressing; add chopped avocado and stir to coat. Gently stir spinach and orange segments with the dressing and avocado; top with feta cheese.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 258.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 17.2 g
protein: 7.5 g
saturated fat: 3.8 g
cholesterol: 8.3 mg
sodium: 201.5 mg
fiber: 7.2 g
sugar: 7.9 g