Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce
Greek kabobs. Fantastic flavor for chicken. Marinade can also be used for pork.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) container plain Greek-style yogurt
- ½ cucumber - peeled, seeded, and grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 wooden skewers, or as needed
- 1. Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, 2 cloves minced garlic, oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large resealable bag. Add chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 2. Mix yogurt, cucumber, 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, 1 clove minced garlic, and 1 pinch salt together in a bowl. Refrigerate tzatziki sauce for flavors to blend, 1 to 2 hours.
- 3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Soak wooden skewers in a bowl of water for about 15 minutes.
- 4. Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto the soaked skewers. Discard unused marinade.
- 5. Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning frequently until nicely browned on all sides and chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes per side. Serve with tzatziki sauce.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 267.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 2.6 g
protein: 25.5 g
saturated fat: 3.7 g
cholesterol: 70.9 mg
sodium: 295 mg
fiber: 0.3 g
sugar: 1.3 g