Kid-Friendly Chicken Chimichangas
Try this recipe for kid-friendly chicken chimichangas that will please even a picky eater.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 pound shredded cooked chicken
- 8 flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup non-chunky salsa
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Mix cream cheese, pepper Jack cheese, and taco seasoning in a medium-sized bowl. Fold in cooked shredded chicken. Divide mixture evenly onto 8 tortilla shells. Fold tortillas by tucking in sides first and then rolling. Place filled tortillas into a 9x13-inch baking dish with seam-sides down. Spray tops with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn chimichangas over and bake 15 minutes more.
- 4. Serve topped with Cheddar cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
serving: 8 chimichangas
calories: 556.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 31.7 g
protein: 32 g
saturated fat: 17.3 g
cholesterol: 122.2 mg
sodium: 837.4 mg
fiber: 1.9 g
sugar: 0.9 g