Enchilada Sauce "Salsa Negra"
Authentic, mild, homemade enchilada sauce to be used with your favorite filling (cheese, beef, chicken, etc...). Also good with tortilla chips!
- 3 dried negro (pasilla) chile peppers, stemmed and seeded
- ¾ pound fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- ¼ white onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- water to cover
- ¾ pound Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon granules, or to taste
- 1. Place chile peppers in the bottom of a small saucepan. Add tomatillos, onion, and garlic. Pour in enough water to almost cover tomatillos. Arrange tomatoes over tomatillos.
- 2. Cover saucepan and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let cool, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Pour off most of the water and transfer mixture to a blender; puree until smooth. Season with chicken bouillon to taste.
serving: 4 cups
calories: 16.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 3 g
protein: 0.6 g
sodium: 15.1 mg
fiber: 1 g
sugar: 1.5 g