Air Fryer Tonkatsu
Air-fried tonkatsu is crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. You can buy bottled sauce but this homemade version is simple to make and is far better. Serve over rice if desired.
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless pork breakfast chops (4 chops)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1. Whisk together ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic together in a bowl until sugar has dissolved. Set tonkatsu sauce aside.
- 2. Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3. Lay pork chops on a clean work surface and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Beat eggs in a flat dish. Place bread crumbs in a separate flat dish. Dredge pork chops first in egg and then in bread crumbs. Repeat by dredging pork chops in egg and then breadcrumbs again, pressing down so that bread crumbs stick to the chops.
- 5. Place pork chops in the basket of the preheated air fryer and spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray. Air fry for 10 minutes. Flip chops over using a spatula and spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray again. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- 6. Transfer to a cutting board and slice. Serve with reserved sauce.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 319.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 41.2 g
protein: 22.8 g
saturated fat: 3.8 g
cholesterol: 131.6 mg
sodium: 1135.4 mg
fiber: 0.2 g
sugar: 10.8 g