Smoky Black Bean Burgers
I had a hard time finding a black bean burger recipe that was not 'tex-mex,' so I made one up. Cook in a skillet or on the grill. Serve on buns with your favorite condiments.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans - drained, rinsed, and mashed
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- cooking spray
- 1. Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
serving: 4 burgers
calories: 127.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 23.4 g
protein: 7.5 g
saturated fat: 0.2 g
sodium: 753.5 mg
fiber: 7.8 g
sugar: 0.2 g