Sweet Potatoes With Feta Cheese
A new twist on a classic vegetable. Sweet potatoes don't have to be just for the holidays. This elegant dish has them topped with seasoned feta cheese and a balsamic drizzle.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) package tomato basil feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1. Place the slices of sweet potatoes into a microwave safe dish, and add just enough water to cover. Cook for 10 minutes in the microwave, or until starting to become tender.
- 2. Preheat the oven's broiler. Place the sweet potato slices onto a greased broiler pan. Slice the feta cheese the best you can, and place a piece on top of each potato slice. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over all.
- 3. Place under the preheated broiler for about 6 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 280.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 48.7 g
protein: 8.6 g
saturated fat: 4.3 g
cholesterol: 24.9 mg
sodium: 395.2 mg
fiber: 7.5 g
sugar: 16.4 g