My mom says it tastes like mushroom stuffing, a real comfort food for her. The Italian dressing gives it great flavor, the breadcrumbs add texture, and the melted mozzarella completes the yummy dish.
- 1 pound fresh button mushrooms, sliced into thirds
- ½ cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Dip each slice of mushroom in the salad dressing, then into the bread crumbs. Layer the coated mushroom slices into a 2 quart casserole dish. Pour in any remaining dressing (or even more if you like), and sprinkle with any remaining breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 364.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 28.4 g
protein: 21.4 g
saturated fat: 7.1 g
cholesterol: 36.3 mg
sodium: 1272.5 mg
fiber: 2.1 g
sugar: 6 g