Idaho Baked Potato Dip
The state that's famous for its potatoes brings you the ultimate in game day-worthy appetizers: Baked Potato Dip. Mix mashed potatoes with milk and sour cream for a smooth base. Fold in Cheddar cheese, bacon and Grill Mates® Steak Marinade. It's smoky, sharp and exactly what your broccoli florets and potato chip dippers need.
- 1 pound russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (0.71 ounce) package McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Marinade, divided
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water. Add 1 tablespoon of the Marinade Mix to water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and return potatoes to saucepan. Add milk, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the cheese, 1/2 of the bacon and remaining Marinade Mix to saucepan.
- 2. Mash potatoes using a potato masher or electric mixer until potatoes are smooth and creamy. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bacon.
- 3. Bake 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onion.