Five Pepper Hummus
This spicy pepper hummus has been a hit at lots of our gatherings. You can make it as spicy as you want.
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) jar banana peppers, drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1. Remove top 1/4 of the green bell pepper, keeping bottom part intact to use for serving the hummus. Discard stem, and remove seeds and pulp from both parts of the pepper.
- 2. Chop top part of pepper, and place in a blender or food processor with garbanzo beans, jalapeno peppers, banana peppers, garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and tahini. Blend into a smooth paste. Scoop into the bottom part of the green bell pepper to serve.
serving: 16 servings
calories: 62.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 8.7 g
protein: 2.3 g
saturated fat: 0.3 g
sodium: 89.9 mg
fiber: 2.2 g
sugar: 0.4 g