Sausage Mushroom Quiche
One of the best quiches I have ever had. Delicious and filling. Also great for dinner.
- 1 pound small fresh button mushrooms
- 1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare the mushrooms by snipping off the stems. Cut in half if large.
- 2. Crumble the sausage in a large skillet, add the mushrooms, cook on medium-high heat until the meat and mushrooms are lightly browned and all the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Drain off the grease. Add the parsley.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, adding the cream, cheese and salt. Pour into the mushroom/sausage mixture; blending well. Pour mixture into the pie shell.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is well browned and the filling is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 612.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 20.6 g
protein: 19.9 g
saturated fat: 18.6 g
cholesterol: 166.7 mg
sodium: 1101.3 mg
fiber: 2.8 g
sugar: 1.8 g