Simple Falafel (Chickpea Burgers)
These burgers are so easy to make and so good! The sour cream and salsa dip is the perfect addition to these. Serve patties warm with sour cream and salsa dip in a pita with fresh greens, or however you desire. The burgers themselves are vegan, just exclude the sour cream dip. Enjoy!
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Grease a baking sheet.
- 3. Mash garbanzo beans, whole-wheat flour, garlic, wheat germ, onion, soy sauce, and salt together in a bowl until well combined.
- 4. Shape garbanzo bean mixture into 12 one-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes; flip and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- 6. Mix sour cream and salsa together in a bowl for the dip.