Cookies and Cream Peppermint Bark
I came up with this recipe while shopping at Trader Joe's. They didn't have the ingredients for traditional peppermint bark, so I improvised. My husband loved this new recipe even more than my old one! It's a great one for getting the kids involved, too!
- 1 (10 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 14 peppermint-flavored chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- 1. Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- 2. Melt white chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, about 2 minutes. Mix 1/2 the crushed cookies into the melted chocolate. Stir in peppermint extract.
- 3. Spread chocolate mixture evenly on the baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining cookies and crushed candy canes on top of melted chocolate.
- 4. Let stand at room temperature until bark has hardened, about 2 hours. Break into random pieces using your hands.