Original Bisquick® Knock-Off Gluten-Free Version
This is my gluten-free knock-off of Classic Bisquick® Baking Mix. This replaces cup-for-cup any recipe calling for Classic Bisquick®, not recipes calling for the gluten-free version of Bisquick®. Classic Bisquick® has fats in the mix whereas, the gluten-free version does not. My recipe contains oil and needs to be refrigerated after being mixed. It will last up to one week in an airtight container in the fridge. The addition of gluten-free cereal mimics the enriched flour aiding in the baking process as well as adding vitamins.
- ½ cup powdered milk
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- ⅔ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup gluten-free infant rice cereal
- 3 tablespoons powdered egg whites
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon ascorbic acid
- ¾ cup butter
- 1. Grind the powdered milk until fine.
- 2. Combine rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, powdered milk, rice cereal, powdered egg whites, sugar, baking powder, cream of tatar, and ascorbic acid together in a bowl; mix with an electric mixer. Add butter and mix until well combined. Transfer to an airtight container; store in the refrigerator.