Grandma's Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This is a great twist on the classic grilled cheese. My grandmother taught me how to make these when I was a teenager. My kids love them!
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices American cheese
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- 1. Whisk eggs, milk, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
- 2. Place each American cheese slice between two pieces of bread to assemble 6 sandwiches.
- 3. Dip both sides of each sandwich in egg mixture.
- 4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- 5. Place dipped sandwiches in the hot frying pan; cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side.
serving: 6 sandwiches
calories: 289.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 27.3 g
protein: 14.3 g
saturated fat: 7.1 g
cholesterol: 121.5 mg
sodium: 825.5 mg
fiber: 1.5 g
sugar: 3 g