Sweet Potato Hash Browns
A unique recipe for those who want to try something a little different. I prefer it as a substitute for French fries. Try it as a side with your burger, steak, fish, eggs, or even alone! Believe me...your taste buds will thank you.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup diced sweet onion
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- ¼ pound cooked and diced lean bacon
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Add grated sweet potatoes; cook and stir until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Increase heat to high and cook sweet potato mixture without stirring for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and stir in bacon, chives, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 405.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 45.3 g
protein: 14.2 g
saturated fat: 4.9 g
cholesterol: 31.2 mg
sodium: 813.1 mg
fiber: 6.8 g
sugar: 9.8 g