Turkey and Tortellini Alfredo
Turkey leftovers turn into a quick and creamy Italian meal with a rich Alfredo sauce and tortellini. Great with crusty Italian bread and a salad.
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) jar prepared Alfredo sauce
- ¼ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 1. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil, stir in the tortellini, bring back to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer the tortellini until they're cooked but not completely tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the tortellini in a colander set in the sink.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 1 1/2-quart oval baking dish.
- 3. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the Alfredo sauce and milk; season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat. Stir in the the tortellini and turkey, mixing just enough to coat the pasta and turkey with the sauce. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle the top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is hot and bubbling and the cheese topping has melted and begun to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 735 kcal
carbohydrates: 36.3 g
protein: 39.5 g
saturated fat: 21.7 g
cholesterol: 152 mg
sodium: 1493.3 mg
fiber: 1.6 g
sugar: 5.9 g