Pound cake is suspended in lemon pudding and is topped with blueberries and whipped cream.
- ½ cup blueberries, or more to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 (3/4 inch thick) slices prepared pound cake, crusts trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- ½ cup whipped cream, or to taste
- 1. Put blueberries into a shallow bowl. Pour lemon juice and sprinkle sugar evenly over the blueberries; refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- 2. Divide pound cake cubes into 4 small dessert dishes.
- 3. Pour milk into a bowl, add pudding mix, and beat with a whisk for 2 minutes; pour evenly over the 4 portions of pound cake. Refrigerate pudding and cake mixtures until the pudding is set, at least 5 minutes.
- 4. Divide blueberries into 4 portions, reserving 4 berries for topping. Spoon 1 portion berries over each cake portion. Top each portion with whipped cream. Place one berry atop each portion of whipped cream.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 258.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 43.2 g
protein: 5.1 g
saturated fat: 5.3 g
cholesterol: 42.9 mg
sodium: 438.7 mg
fiber: 0.6 g
sugar: 15.2 g