Tzatziki Sauce with Dill
Drain some low-fat yogurt overnight to make this yummy cucumber dressing. This is a delicious topping for grilled chicken or meat. It's also a great dip for veggies and pita chips.
- 1 (16 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded, and grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Line a colander with two layers of cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Scoop yogurt onto the cheesecloth and cover the colander with plastic wrap. Put in refrigerator to drain, 8 hours to overnight.
- 2. Place grated cucumber in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl; drain until most of the water is released, 1 to 2 hours.
- 3. Stir the drained yogurt, drained cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and dill together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
serving: 2 cups
calories: 20.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 2.5 g
protein: 1.6 g
saturated fat: 0.3 g
cholesterol: 1.7 mg
sodium: 20.4 mg
fiber: 0.1 g
sugar: 2 g