Spinach and Courgette Quiche
I love making this recipe. I was looking to use up what I had left in the fridge and now I make it all the time.
- 1 pastry for an 8-inch pie crust
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1 courgette (zucchini), thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press pie pastry into an 8-inch pie dish.
- 2. Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir bacon for 3 minutes. Add onion, spinach, and courgette to bacon; cook and stir until onion and courgette are tender, spinach is wilted, and bacon is fully cooked, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer bacon-courgette mixture to the pie pastry.
- 3. Beat milk, eggs, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour into pastry crust. Top egg mixture with mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is browned and quiche bounces back when touched, about 35 minutes.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 436.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 32.2 g
protein: 18.7 g
saturated fat: 8.3 g
cholesterol: 120 mg
sodium: 768.5 mg
fiber: 4.2 g
sugar: 6.9 g