Grilled Salmon Skewers
A delicious skewered salmon appetizer that won't have you missing your own party to prepare. Simply marinade in a simple sauce, thread them onto skewers, and toss them on the grill. Easy and delicious! (Note: Be sure and soak wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.)
- 1 pound salmon filet without skin
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 12 fresh lemon wedges
- 12 skewers
- 1. Slice salmon lengthwise into 12 long strips, and thread each onto a soaked wooden skewer. Place in a shallow dish.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Pour over skewers, turning to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. When finished marinating, transfer marinade to a small saucepan, and simmer for several minutes.
- 3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- 4. Lightly oil grill grate. Thread 1 lemon wedge onto the end of each skewer. Cook skewers on the preheated grill for 4 minutes per side, brushing often with marinade, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.