Slow-Cooked Turkey Legs
Kids love this. Even my husband, who doesn't like dark poultry meat, loves this. Elevating the turkey out of the liquid results in better turkey skin.
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 turkey legs
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup water
- 1. Mix poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Rub on turkey legs. Refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- 2. Dissolve bouillon cube in water in a bowl. Pour into the slow cooker.
- 3. Form aluminum foil into a coil shape, at least 1 inch in height. Line it to the bottom of slow cooker. Rest the turkey legs on the aluminum foil, above the liquid.
- 4. Cook on Low until meat starts to fall apart, about 7 1/2 hours.
serving: 4 turkey legs
calories: 421.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 2 g
protein: 70.6 g
saturated fat: 3.9 g
cholesterol: 303.6 mg
sodium: 1117.9 mg
fiber: 0.4 g
sugar: 0.2 g