Air Fryer Fried Pickles
This crispy and satisfying appetizer is a lower-guilt alternative to deep-fried pickle chips. Using pre-sliced pickle chips is a shortcut that makes this quick to prepare. You can reduce the sriracha sauce to 1 tablespoon if you like a milder sauce.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar dill pickle chips
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1. Mix mayonnaise and sriracha sauce together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2. Heat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 3. Drain pickles and dry them on paper towels.
- 4. Mix egg and milk together in a bowl. Mix flour, cornmeal, seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper together in another bowl.
- 5. Dip pickle chips in egg mixture, then in flour mixture, coating both sides and lightly pressing flour mixture into chips.
- 6. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place pickle chips in the basket in a single layer; split into 2 batches if necessary.
- 7. Cook for 4 minutes; carefully flip chips. Cook until desired brownness, about 4 minutes more. Serve with sriracha mayo.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 177.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 15.4 g
protein: 2.7 g
saturated fat: 1.9 g
cholesterol: 26 mg
sodium: 1024.3 mg
fiber: 1.6 g
sugar: 1.2 g