Deep-Fried Cauliflower and Lemon Sauce
This is generally used as a side dish. It is vegetarian and is great with any type of sandwich or veggie burger.
- 3 cups canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ lemon, juiced
- 1. Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2. Whisk eggs in a small bowl until smooth.
- 3. Pour flour onto a shallow dish.
- 4. Dip each cauliflower floret in beaten egg; coat with flour. Fry in hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 5. Whisk mayonnaise and lemon juice together in a bowl to make sauce. Serve sauce alongside fried cauliflower.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 530.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 28.8 g
protein: 9.6 g
saturated fat: 5.7 g
cholesterol: 149.9 mg
sodium: 230.9 mg
fiber: 2.6 g
sugar: 2.4 g