Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Pesto
I made this for a quick, yummy anniversary dinner and served with garlic Parmesan rice.
- cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- ¼ cup pesto
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; mist with cooking spray.
- 2. Mix onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- 3. Sprinkle onion powder mixture over both sides of the chicken thighs. Lift up the skin to create a pocket; stuff pocket with 2 tablespoons of pesto and 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese. Wrap chicken with 2 slices of bacon, using bacon to seal the pocket. Place chicken thighs seam-side down on the baking sheet.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken, near the bone, reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 1 hour.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 465.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 4 g
protein: 33.3 g
saturated fat: 10.3 g
cholesterol: 105 mg
sodium: 991.5 mg
fiber: 1.1 g
sugar: 0.4 g