Bircher Muesli is a Swiss classic and the original overnight oats. Dr. Bircher, its inventor, believed that oats are easiest digested if they have soaked for at least 12 hours. I have this almost daily for breakfast and just switch it up with different kind of fruit, nuts, and berries for variety.
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 apples, cored and grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ banana, cut into small pieces
- ¼ apple, chopped
- 4 seedless red grapes, halved
- 1. Combine water, milk, and oats in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate, 12 hours to overnight.
- 2. Mix in grated apples and lemon juice and sprinkle with ground hazelnuts. Divide between 2 bowls. Sweeten with honey and sprinkle with banana, apple, and grapes.