Amazing Greek Pasta
This tomato sauce combines the flavors of garlic, onion, kalamata olives & capers. It is wonderful over any pasta or as a sauce for white fish or chicken.
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can organic Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 15 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper to taste
- crumbled Feta or grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook onion in olive oil over medium high heat until tender and translucent. Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, capers, olives, vinegar, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper (if using).
- 2. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for a minimum of 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours, time permitting. Serve over pasta, fish, or chicken, and top with crumbled feta or grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
serving: 4 servings
calories: 204.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 12.8 g
protein: 6.8 g
saturated fat: 5.7 g
cholesterol: 28 mg
sodium: 1442.2 mg
fiber: 2.1 g
sugar: 8.1 g