Super Breakfast Apple and Quinoa "Oatmeal"
Delicious warm breakfast, or anytime treat, that tastes kinda like oatmeal but with a nuttier flavor that blends well with the apples. Packs a bigger punch of protein to keep you fuller longer than oatmeal. May drizzle a little extra half & half on cereal if desired.
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons granular sucralose sweetener (such as Splenda®)
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1. Place apple, sweetener, and apple pie spice in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until apple is cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Add water if needed to keep apples from sticking. Mix quinoa and half-and-half into apple mixture; cook until warmed through, 3 to 5 minutes.