Maryellen's Baked Onions
This is a great onion bake for holidays or summer parties. This recipe is best prepared if the onions are roasted in a clay cooker, however a casserole dish can be used.
- 6 sweet onions
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- .183 teaspoon fresh chopped tarragon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Peel onions and make two cross cuts on the top of the onion. Place in a clay cooker or casserole dish.
- 3. Mix together the Balsamic vinegar, honey and tarragon. Pour over onions and marinate for 1 hour.
- 4. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until onions are tender.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 140.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 34.4 g
protein: 2.6 g
saturated fat: 0.1 g
sodium: 12.2 mg
fiber: 3.9 g
sugar: 22.7 g